The T-BERD/MTS-5800 Handheld Network Tester is the industry’s smallest 10G handheld instrument and supports testing throughout the entire service life cycle including installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
The T-BERD®/MTS-5800 handheld network tester is the one tool that network technicians and engineers need to install, turn-up, and maintain their networks. It supports both the legacy and emerging technologies required to handle various network applications including metro/core, mobile backhaul, and business services installations. The industry’s smallest handheld instrument can test throughout the service life cycle, including fiber characterization, service activation, troubleshooting, and maintenance. Advanced Ethernet test features such as TrueSpeed per RFC 6349, J-Profiler™, Wirespeed capture/decode, and automated J-Mentor, help field technicians test their networks faster and more accurately than ever before.
- Simplifies multitechnology testing with an all-in-one dual-10 G handheld
- Optimized for field use with a multitouch screen, scripted workflows, and clear results
- Supports efficient best practices with repeatable methods and procedures
- Speeds fiber characterization, Ethernet service activation, and troubleshooting tests
- Fully-loaded TDM/PDH to dual 10 G Ethernet, SONET, SDH, Fibre Channel, and OTN support
- Automated, enhanced RFC 2544 and SAMComplete testing per ITU-T Y.1564
- Integrated burst testing approach per MEF 34 and RFC 6349 TrueSpeed™ TCP throughput testing
Single- and dual-port versions
- Compatible with Viavi 4100-Series OTDR modules and Smart Link Mapper™, fiber microscopes, and optical power meters
- Mobile and backhaul characterization, validation, and troubleshooting
- Converged Ethernet/IP network testing and troubleshooting at 10 Mbps to 10 G interfaces
- Fiber link characterization and troubleshooting
- Installation and maintenance of OTN and legacy SONET/SDH and TDM/PDH networks
- Remote radio head (RRH) testing at the wireless basestation